As part of the festival this year we'll be holding a prickly pear recipe competition, where home chefs will battle it out for the best sweet & savory prickly pear recipes!
Here are the rules:
- The recipe must include either prickly pear fruit (tunas) or pads (nopales) as a main ingredient
- The recipes must be of your own creation. You don't need to go too out of your way to make them your own, but it shouldn't be copied right out of an existing cookbook
- Submit your recipes to us via the form below or by sending them to our email email@example.com with a short blurb (100-200 words) about the recipe and what it means to you
- Our panel of judges will pick the top recipes in the sweet and savory categories and these finalists will be invited to make their recipes and bring them to the festival to compete live for cash and other prizes
- The winner in each category will get a $50 cash prize and their recipe published on our website with runner up prizes as well